Thursday, May 30, 2013

Senior Project Reflection

1) What I am most proud of in my senior project is all of the experience that I gained over the last 9 months. I worked on 7 shows, 4 at iPoly and 3 at Chino Community Theatre, and this gave me the chance to work with people I might have never been able to work with. Experience is everything in my topic, and if I ever want to return to Stage Management, this experience will help me when trying to land jobs,
2)
a. P
b. AE
3) One thing that worked for me was finding mentorship and independent components, because I was always able to find something new to do. While many people had trouble trying to get mentorship, I had no issues and already completed 120 hours by the time September was over. From all of this work I was able to learn a lot and improve my skills.
4) One thing I would change is the period of nothingness I experienced between The Rainmaker and Lady of the House. In this gap I was confused and unsure of what to do next, and I feel like working on another show would have kept me busy and informed. Finishing mentorship so early left me with a ton of questions after I got past foundation, and this wasn't fixed until I finally was able to move onto another show and jump back into the swing of things and talk to new people.
5) My senior project has helped to improve my understanding and skill in Stage Management. Junior year when I jumped into drama, I had no experience, and much of what I learned right off the bat was foundational. Research and mentorship opened my eyes to some of the in depth things, and working with new people allowed me to pick up the good habits of those around me. Working with these people gave me new contacts and experience, which is what gets you new jobs in theatre, so if I ever return to the topic the 7 shows I worked on this year will definitely be put on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment